IFN 20-19 – Tariff added to peanut and peanut products Community Protection question
Date of issue: 11 November 2019
Date of effect: 11 December 2019
The purpose of this notice is to advise brokers and importers that tariff 1806.32a will be added to the list of tariffs that are asked the Imported Food Inspection Scheme (IFIS) Community Protection (CP) profile question for peanuts and pistachios.
a Chocolate and other food preparations containing cocoa, not filled.
- The IFIS CP profile question for peanuts and pistachios is designed to refer goods to the IFIS for assessment and analysis for the presence of aflatoxin:
- IFIS: DO THE GOODS CONTAIN MORE THAN 30% PEANUTS OR PISTACHIOS OR MORE THAN 30% PEANUT PRODUCTS OR PISTACHIO PRODUCTS? (ANSWER 'NO' TO THIS QUESTION IF THE GOODS ARE ONLY PEANUT OIL OR PISTACHIO OIL)
- It is currently asked on various chocolate and other food preparations containing cocoa tariffs 1806.31 and 1806.90.
- From 11 December 2019 the question will also be asked on tariff 1806.32.
- Further information about the tests applied and the products that are in, or out of, scope can be found on the peanuts and pistachio risk page.
Subscribe for updates
To receive updates when changes are made to the requirements for imported food, use the following link to subscribe to the Imported Food Inspection Scheme.