On 1 July 2022, we became the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry.
We are updating our website to reflect our changing role. This science strategy was developed when we were the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment. It is a shared document with the new Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water.
Members of the Council are senior staff who are science champions and thought leaders for the department. The objectives of the Council are to work with the Office of the Science Convenor to:
- Ensure the department has the capability and capacity to produce high-quality scientific advice to inform decision making.
- Support the implementation of our science strategy.
The Council has 4 sub-groups to enable implementation:
- Science mapping, prioritisation and gaps
- Recruiting, developing and retaining science talent
- Embedding fit for purpose tools, data and technology
- Building trust in science through enhanced communication and engagement.