Rural Financial Counselling Service (RFCS)

We are currently reviewing the Rural Financial Counselling Service (RFCS).

For further information, or to provide feedback, visit the RFCS review Have Y​our Say page.


Get help to deal with financial hardship.

Talk to a rural financial counsellor. It is a free service. They can give you individual support to meet your needs.


This service is for:

  • farmers
  • fishing enterprises
  • forest growers and harvesters
  • related small business owners.

You can access the RFCS if you are experiencing, or at risk of, financial hardship.


Rural financial counsellors will support you to make the right decisions for your business.

They can help you:

  • identify your financial and business options
  • develop an action plan
  • negotiate with your lenders
  • apply for Farm Household Allowance.

Rural financial counsellors do not give family, emotional or social counselling or financial advice.

They can give you referrals to other professional services. This includes accountants, agricultural advisors, education, or counselling.


Call 1800 686 175. They will refer you to your nearest RFCS office.


Find your local RFCS:

Download the financial counselling service map of Australia (PDF, 2 MB, 1 page) .

More support

Read more about support we provide for drought and other hardship.