Outlook 2021: Growing Australian agriculture in an uncertain world
Registered delegates can catch up on sessions until 19 March 2021. Simply log into the conference portal and select ‘session catch up’ from the menu on the left. For everyone, the Outlook 2021 program page has available speaker presentations and coming soon, session videos.
The Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Sciences (ABARES) is the research arm of the Australian Government Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment. Our mission is to provide professionally independent and world-class multi-disciplinary research, analysis and advice to inform public and private sector decision-makers on significant issues affecting Australia’s agriculture, fisheries and forestry industries. Explore the ABARES website for open access publications, surveys, data, media releases and more.
Whether from your desk chair or deck chair, join the sessions at Outlook 2021 where speakers will explore the challenges and opportunities to growing Australia’s agriculture in an uncertain world.
Outlook 2021 will feature three daily, one hour sessions running from Tuesday 2 to Friday 5 March. There will be agenda setting sessions, thought provoking panel discussions, opportunities to hear from leading international and national industry figures, plus in-depth analysis for key commodities.
- the opening Global and national context session
- Agriculture in focus – outlook for commodities and farm incomes which features the ABARES commodity and farm financial performance data
- What the threat of deglobalisation could mean for trade session
- A live panel discussion on improving water market outcomes in the southern Murray-Darling Basin
- Sessions addressing current sector issues such as helping Australian farmers adapt to climate change; Horticulture and labour; and the value of Australian biosecurity
- Issues and analysis for the range of commodity focussed sessions including red meat, forestry, fisheries, grains and dairy.
Why attend Outlook 2021
- Choose from 12 comprehensive sessions featuring leading industry presenters.
- Attend one or more sessions from the convenience of your desk.
- Join delegates online for networking and information opportunities.
- Hear from keynote national and international speakers.
- Plan your market strategies to stay ahead of competitors.
- Update your industry knowledge and understanding of future trends.