Outlook 2023: two days of conversation and connection
Delegates at Outlook 2023 heard from more than 60 speakers across 13 sessions as they explored the issues for Australian agriculture, including the national and global outlook, trade, labour market issues, commodities, fisheries, food manufacturing, biosecurity and more.
Catch up on speakers’ presentations now via the Program tab above and coming soon, watch the sessions and audience Q&A.
The Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Sciences is the research arm of the Australian Government Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry. Our mission is to provide professionally independent data, research, analysis and advice that informs public and private decisions affecting Australian agriculture, fisheries and forestry. We work at the interface between research and policy, with strong connections to agricultural, fisheries and forest industries, with strengths across agricultural and natural resource economics and sciences. Explore the ABARES website for open access publications, Insights papers, surveys, data sets and visualisations, media releases and more.
Whether from your desk chair or deck chair, join the sessions at Outlook 2021 where speakers will explore the challenges and opportunities to growing Australia’s agriculture in an uncertain world.
Outlook 2021 will feature three daily, one hour sessions running from Tuesday 2 to Friday 5 March. There will be agenda setting sessions, thought provoking panel discussions, opportunities to hear from leading international and national industry figures, plus in-depth analysis for key commodities.
- the opening Global and national context session
- Agriculture in focus – outlook for commodities and farm incomes which features the ABARES commodity and farm financial performance data
- What the threat of deglobalisation could mean for trade session
- A live panel discussion on improving water market outcomes in the southern Murray-Darling Basin
- Sessions addressing current sector issues such as helping Australian farmers adapt to climate change; Horticulture and labour; and the value of Australian biosecurity
- Issues and analysis for the range of commodity focussed sessions including red meat, forestry, fisheries, grains and dairy.
Why attend Outlook 2021
- Choose from 12 comprehensive sessions featuring leading industry presenters.
- Attend one or more sessions from the convenience of your desk.
- Join delegates online for networking and information opportunities.
- Hear from keynote national and international speakers.
- Plan your market strategies to stay ahead of competitors.
- Update your industry knowledge and understanding of future trends.