Welcome to ABARES Outlook 2020 conference
The ABARES Outlook conference will be the premier information and networking forum for the agriculture sector in 2020.
It will focus on the practical steps to reaching $100 billion in farm output by 2030. By connecting leading national and international speakers with highly motivated and information seeking delegates at 13 sessions across two days, we trust delegates will leave with clear insights on what the challenges and opportunities are for our agricultural sectors.
I invite you to Outlook 2020 in Canberra on Tuesday 3 and Wednesday 4 March to network with your colleagues from across agriculture, to hear leading industry speakers and producers, and access the latest industry analysis and insights to underpin your strategic business planning.
Peter Gooday, a/g Executive Director, ABARES
The Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Sciences (ABARES) is the research arm of the Australian Government Department of Agriculture. Our mission is to provide professionally independent and world-class multi-disciplinary research, analysis and advice to inform public and private sector decision-makers on significant issues affecting Australia’s agriculture, fisheries and forestry industries. Explore the ABARES website for open access publications, surveys, data, media releases and more.
Sessions at Outlook 2020 will be in-depth explorations of the practical steps to reaching $100 billion in farm output by 2030. What sectors will need to boost productivity and technology adoption to be the farms of tomorrow? What sectors will benefit from new export markets? What national and international economic trends will influence fortunes?
The keynote plenary sessions at Outlook 2020 include:
- the opening Global and national context session
- Agriculture in focus – outlook for commodities and farm incomes which features the ABARES commodity and farm financial performance data
- The changing global trade landscape session
- a closing panel discussion What would rapid growth in agriculture mean for regional Australia?
Additional sessions will examine Drought and the grains supply chain; Farms of tomorrow; Marketing beef in a changing climate; Managing biosecurity along the supply chain; Prospects for growth in irrigated agriculture; Building resilience in an uncertain climate future; Options for building natural capital on Australian farms and Horticulture.
Agenda setting sessions, thought provoking panel discussions, opportunities to hear from leading international and national industry figures, plus in-depth analysis for key commodities, presented in two information packed days, will be hallmarks of the Outlook 2020 conference.
Why attend Outlook 2020?
- Choose from 13 comprehensive sessions featuring leading industry presenters.
- Join delegates for excellent networking and information opportunities.
- Hear from keynote and international speakers.
- Plan your market strategies to stay ahead of competitors.
- Update your industry knowledge and understanding of industry specific issues.
- Attend sessions focused on future trends and industry issues.
- Flexible registration options to help plan your attendance - from one to two days, discounted earlybird and group rates.
- One convenient conference location on two focussed days.
Join us in Canberra for Outlook 2020.
There’s a range of flexible registration options to help you plan your conference attendance.
- Earlybird (two days including dinner, by Friday 24 January 2020) - $1,100pp
- Standard registration (two days including dinner, after Friday 24 January 2020) - $1,650pp
- Group rate (two days including dinner, minimum of four delegates registering together) - $1,000pp
- Single day registration (excluding dinner) - $800pp
- Dinner ticket (for guests and day registrants) - $130pp
(all prices include GST).