All Australians own our Commonwealth fisheries resources. They must be shared between many stakeholders.
We are creating a resource sharing framework to outline the government’s approach to ensuring fair access.
The framework will make sure:
- commercial, recreational and Indigenous fishers have appropriate access
- everyone understands their access rights
- fisheries managers can decide on sharing arrangements.
We want our fisheries to continue to be well managed. This keeps them sustainable and profitable.
Submit your feedback
We want to hear from you. Your feedback will help us design a framework that is fit for purpose and reflects your needs.
Take the survey now. Submit your feedback by 21 October 2019.
What we’re doing
We are engaging stakeholders during all stages of framework development through:
- ‘Have Your Say’ surveys
- targeted stakeholder workshops, including in collaboration with the Fisheries Research and Development Corporation (FRDC)
- National Fishing Advisory Council meetings
- 2019 Seafood Directions conference
We will use your feedback to develop a draft resource sharing framework. After this, we will release the draft for public feedback.