Congratulations to Dr Meagan Craven from Deakin University who was awarded the ultimate honour with the Minister for Agriculture’s Award for her project -Development of a culture system that simulates the gut microbiome for identifying effective novel antimicrobials.
We also congratulate all the winners of the industry category awards with their innovative research projects:
- Phoebe Arbon, recipient of the Fisheries Research and Development Corporation Award
- Thomas Clune, recipient of the Australian Wool Innovation Award
- Meagan Craven, recipient of the Australian Eggs Award
- Benjamin Holman, recipient of the Australian Meat Processor Corporation Award
- Lee Hudek, recipient of the Grains Research and Development Corporation Award
- Dinesh Kafle, recipient of the Cotton Research and Development Corporation Award
- Sean Krisanski, recipient of the Forest & Wood Products Australia Award
- Hamish McKirdy, recipient of the Wine Australia Award
- Anna Reboldi, recipient of the Meat & Livestock Australia Award
- Angela Scott, recipient of the Australian Eggs Award
- Diana Turpin, recipient of the Australian Pork Limited Award
Download the winners’ booklet PDF [1.9 MB, 32 pages] and find out about each winner and the project they will work on over the next 12 months.
Winners have each been granted funding to undertake a project on an emerging scientific issue or innovative activity over the next twelve months which will contribute to the success of Australia’s agriculture sector. The recipient of the Minister’s Award receives additional funding for an extended research project. The Awards aim to encourage science, innovation and technology in rural industries and help to advance the careers of young scientists, researchers and innovators through national recognition of their research ideas. The Science Awards have already helped 260 young Australians make their ideas a reality and showcase their talent to the world.
2020 Science Award partners
We thank our partners for their support and commitment to the 2020 Science Awards and for fostering young innovators focused on the agriculture sector.
- Australian Eggs
- Australian Meat Processor Corporation
- Australian Pork Limited
- Australian Wool Innovation
- Cotton Research and Development Corporation
- CSIRO Health and Biosecurity
- Fisheries Research & Development Corporation
- Forest & Wood Products Australia
- Grains Research & Development Corporation
- Meat & Livestock Australia
- Wine Australia
Questions? Contact the Science Awards team at Science Awards or phone 02 6272 2260 / 02 6272 2303.