2022 Science and Innovation Awards
Grant applications are now open for the 2022 Science and Innovation Awards for Young People in Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry! If you’re 18-35 and want to make a difference for Australia’s agriculture industries, this is your chance to apply for a grant of up to $22,000 to fund your project.
Who can apply?
The Science Awards support young innovators, scientists, researchers, extension officers, industry advisers and others actively engaged in the agriculture sector who have an original project that will contribute to the ongoing success and sustainability of Australia’s agriculture industries. To be eligible you must be aged 18-35 and be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
What are the Award categories?
There are 12 industry award categories: biosecurity and digital innovation; cotton; eggs and poultry (layers); established, new and emerging rural industries; fisheries and aquaculture; forest and wood products; grains; horticulture; pork; red meat processing; viticulture and oenology; and wool. Each category includes a $22,000 grant, and is generously supported by our Science Award partners from the research and development corporations and industry organisations.
Winners of the industry category Science Awards are then invited to apply for the Minister for Agriculture and Northern Australia’s Award, which provides additional funding for an extended research project.
How do I apply?
- Log in to GrantConnect and search for GO4961 for more information and the link to apply online.
- Check your eligibility and read the information for applicants and quick questions.
- Watch our video on applying and using the application portal.
- Match your application project to what each Science Award partner is seeking in their research and investment priorities.
When do applications close?
Applications close 5pm AEST Friday 1 October 2021.
Contact the Science Awards team via email email@example.com or phone 02 6272 2260 or 02 6272 2303.
2022 Science Award partners
We thank our partners for their support and commitment to the 2022 Science Awards and for fostering young innovators finding solutions for the agriculture sector. Find out more about each organisation and their research priorities to help you in your application.
- AgriFutures Australia
- Australian Eggs
- Australian Meat Processor Corporation
- Australian Pork Limited
- Australian Wool Innovation
- Cotton Research and Development Corporation
- CSIRO Biosecurity digital innovation
- Fisheries Research and Development Corporation
- Forest & Wood Products Australia
- Grains Research and Development Corporation
- Hort Innovation
- Wine Australia