Australia's State of the Forests Report 2018
Australia's State of the Forests Report 2018 – Executive summary draws together the material presented in SOFR 2018 into nine key themes. It is available as an accessible PDF[8.3 MB] and on the Executive summary page.
Criteria and indicators
- Beginning sections (Foreword, Acknowledgements, Acronyms and Abbreviations, Agency name changes, Executive summary, Introduction) – accessible PDF[5.5 MB]
- Criterion 1: Conservation of biological diversity
- Criterion 2: Maintenance of productive capacity of forest ecosystems
- Criterion 3: Maintenance of ecosystem health and vitality
- Criterion 4: Conservation and maintenance of soil and water resources
- Criterion 5: Maintenance of forest contribution to global carbon cycles
- Criterion 6: Maintenance and enhancement of long-term multiple socioeconomic benefits to meet the needs of societies
- Criterion 7: Legal, institutional and economic framework for forest conservation and sustainable management
- Final sections (Appendix, Glossary, References, Index) – accessible PDF[3.2 MB]
This publication (and any material sourced from it) should be attributed as:
Montreal Process Implementation Group for Australia and National Forest Inventory Steering Committee, 2018, Australia’s State of the Forests Report 2018, ABARES, Canberra, December. CC BY 4.0.