Australia's State of the Forests Report 2018
Australia's State of the Forests Report 2018 – Executive summary draws together the material presented in SOFR 2018 into nine key themes. It is available as an accessible PDF[8.3 MB] and on the Executive summary page.
Criteria and indicators
- Beginning sections (Foreword, Acknowledgements, Acronyms and Abbreviations, Agency name changes, Executive summary, Introduction) – accessible PDF[5.5 MB]
- Criterion 1: Conservation of biological diversity
- Criterion 2: Maintenance of productive capacity of forest ecosystems
- Criterion 3: Maintenance of ecosystem health and vitality
- Criterion 4: Conservation and maintenance of soil and water resources
- Criterion 5: Maintenance of forest contribution to global carbon cycles
- Criterion 6: Maintenance and enhancement of long-term multiple socioeconomic benefits to meet the needs of societies
- Criterion 7: Legal, institutional and economic framework for forest conservation and sustainable management
- Final sections (Appendix, Glossary, References, Index) – accessible PDF[3.2 MB]
This publication (and any material sourced from it) should be attributed as: Montreal Process Implementation Group for Australia and National Forest Inventory Steering Committee, 2018, Australia’s State of the Forests Report 2018, ABARES, Canberra, December. CC BY 4.0.
Maps and other graphics
Downloadable versions of the maps and other graphics published in SOFR 2018 are available at Maps and other graphics.