Forest spatial data
National spatial forest datasets developed for national and international reporting purposes, available for downloading
- Forests of Australia (2018)
- Tenure of Australia's forests (2018)
- Australia's Indigenous land and forest estate (2020)
- Fires in Australia's forests 2011–16 (2018)
- Regional Forestry Hubs boundaries (2022)
- Australia's plantations 2016.
Forest data workbooks
Data workbooks (in Microsoft Excel) available for downloading
- data for each table and figure in Australia's State of the Forests Report 2018
- lists of forest species and ecological communities from Australia's State of the Forests Report 2018
- data and figures presented in ABARES Insights Stocktake Fire in Australia's forests, 2011 to 2016.
- data in Australian Forest and Wood Products Statistics publications.
Forest fire data
Forest fire area data for the 2019–20 summer bushfire season in southern and eastern Australia presents data tables showing the area of Australia's forests in the fire area in southern and eastern Australia during the 2019–20 bushfire season. Forest fire area data for 2011 to 2016 are also available from this page.
The ABARES report Regional forest agreements: compilation of reservation and resource availability outcomes presents data on changes in reserve areas and forest resource availability in RFA regions, both at their signing and subsequently. Data tables and figures from this publication are available for download from this page.
- Forestry regional profiles data visualisation - select a region within Australia to display data on forest extent, forest tenure, forest and plantation types, employment in forestry, and the number of sawmills in the region selected, and display a map of forest in that region.
- Australia's native forest types data visualisation - display data for Australia's native forest types by state or territory, tenure, crown cover, height and Indigenous ownership and management category.
National forest maps, including from Australia’s State of the Forests Report 2018, available for downloading.
Online mapping tools and applications relevant to the forest and vegetation sectors, available for public use.