Forest data, maps and tools
Forest spatial data
National spatial forest datasets developed for national and international reporting purposes, available for downloading
- Forests of Australia (2018)
- Tenure of Australia's forests (2018)
- Australia's Indigenous forest estate (2020)
- Fires in Australia's forests 2011–16 (2018)
- Australia's plantations 2016.
Data workbooks (in Microsoft Excel) available for downloading
- data for each table and figure in Australia's State of the Forests Report 2018
- lists of forest species and ecological communities from Australia's State of the Forests Report 2018
- data and figures presented in ABARES Insights Stocktake Fire in Australia's forests, 2011 to 2016.
- data in Australian Forest and Wood Products Statistics publications.
Forest fire area data for the 2019–20 summer bushfire season in southern and eastern Australia is a set of data tables that shows the area of Australia's forests that were in the fire area in southern and eastern Australia during the 2019–20 bushfire season. Forest fire area data for 2011 to 2016 are also available from this page.
Australia's native forest - data visualisation brings together data from three key national datasets to allow users to display data for Australia's native forest types by state or territory, tenure, crown cover, height and Indigenous ownership and management category.
National forest maps, including from Australia’s State of the Forests Report 2018, are available for downloading.
Online mapping tools and applications relevant to the forest and vegetation sectors, available for public use.