2019 award recipients
Congratulations to Dr Kateryna Bazaka of the Queensland University of Technology who was awarded the ultimate honour with the Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources Award for her project - Integrated electric discharges and aquaculture for abattoir wastewater treatment.
We congratulate all the recipients of the industry category awards:
- Travis Allington, recipient of the Meat & Livestock Australia Award
- Kateryna Bazaka, recipient of the Australian Meat Processor Corporation Award
- Dean Brookes, recipient of the Cotton Research and Development Corporation Award
- Lewis Collins, recipient of the Grains Research and Development Corporation Award
- Bethany Finger, recipient of the Dairy Australia Award
- Elizabeth Hickey, recipient of the Australian Eggs Award
- James Kondilios, recipient of the Forest & Wood Products Australia Award
- Rocco Longo, recipient of the Wine Australia Award
- Jessica Lye, recipient of the CSIRO Health and Biosecurity Award
- Hugh McKay, recipient of the Australian Wool Innovation Award
- Elliot Scanes, recipient of the Fisheries Research and Development Corporation Award
- Kirsty Short, recipient of the Australian Eggs Award
- Anne Watt, recipient of the Australian Pork Ltd Award
- Ashlea Webster, recipient of the AgriFutures Australia Award.
Download the winners’ booklet PDF [1.95 MB, 36 pages] to read about each recipient’s project.
Read the media release from Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources David Littleproud on celebrating young agricultural innovators.
Recipients have each been granted funding to undertake a project on an emerging scientific issue or innovative activity over the next twelve months which contributes to the success of Australia’s agriculture sector. The recipient of the Minister’s Award receives additional funding for an extended research project. The Awards aim to encourage science, innovation and technology in rural industries and help to advance the careers of young scientists, researchers and innovators through national recognition of their research ideas. The Science Awards have already helped 250 young Australians make their ideas a reality and showcase their talent to the world.
2019 Science Award partners
We thank our partners for their support and commitment to the 2019 Science Awards.
- AgriFutures Australia
- Australian Eggs
- Australian Meat Processor Corporation
- Australian Pork Limited
- Australian Wool Innovation
- Cotton Research and Development Corporation
- CSIRO Health and Biosecurity
- Dairy Australia
- Fisheries Research & Development Corporation
- Forest & Wood Products Australia
- Grains Research & Development Corporation
- Meat & Livestock Australia
- Wine Australia
Questions? Contact the Science Awards team at Science Awards or phone 02 6272 2260 / 02 6272 2303.