Recipients of the 2017 Science and Innovation Awards announced!
The recipients of the 2017 Science and Innovation Awards for Young People in Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry were announced at the ABARES Outlook 2017 conference dinner on 7 March. The Science Awards recognise big ideas from young rural innovators that contribute to the success of Australia’s agriculture sector.
Congratulations to Emily Remnant who was awarded the ultimate honour with the Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources Award for her project -
Can we immunise honey bees against virulent viruses?
We congratulate all the recipients of the industry category awards:
- Clare Anstead, Recipient of the Australian Wool Innovation Award
- Caitlin Byrt, Recipient of the Grains Research and Development Corporation
- Alison Carey, Recipient of the Dairy Australia Award
- Benjamin Holman, Recipient of the Australian Meat Processor Corporation Award
- Priscilla Johnston, Recipient of the Cotton Research and Development Corporation Award
- Natoiya Lloyd, Recipient of the Wine Australia Award
- Kate Loudon, Recipient of the Meat & Livestock Australia Award
- Kym Patison, Recipient of the CSIRO Health and Biosecurity Award
- Kevin Rassool, Recipient of the Fisheries Research and Development Corporation Award
- Emily Remnant, Recipient of the Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation Award
- Stephan Tait, Recipient of the Australian Pork Limited Award
Read about each recipient’s project.
Recipients have each been granted funding to undertake a project on an emerging scientific issue or innovative activity over the next twelve months. The recipient of the Minister’s Award receives additional funding for an extended research project. The Awards aim to encourage science, innovation and technology in rural industries and help to advance the careers of young scientists and innovators through national recognition of their research ideas. The Science Awards have already helped more than 210 young Australians make their ideas a reality and showcase their talent to the world.
2017 Science Award partners
We thank our partners for their support and commitment to the 2017 Science Awards.
Questions? Contact the Science Awards team at
Science Awards or phone 02 6272 2260 / 02 6272 2303.