Recipients of the 2019 Science and Innovation Awards announced!
The results of the 2019 Science and Innovation Awards for Young People in Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry have been announced, and we congratulate the recipients of the industry category awards:
- Travis Allington, recipient of the Meat & Livestock Australia Award
- Kateryna Bazaka, recipient of the Australian Meat Processor Corporation Award
- Dean Brookes, recipient of the Cotton Research and Development Corporation Award
- Lewis Collins, recipient of the Grains Research and Development Corporation Award
- Bethany Finger, recipient of the Dairy Australia Award
- Elizabeth Hickey, recipient of the Australian Eggs Award
- James Kondilios, recipient of the Forest & Wood Products Australia Award
- Rocco Longo, recipient of the Wine Australia Award
- Jessica Lye, recipient of the CSIRO Health and Biosecurity Award
- Hugh McKay, recipient of the Australian Wool Innovation Award
- Elliot Scanes, recipient of the Fisheries Research and Development Corporation Award
- Kirsty Short, recipient of the Australian Eggs Award
- Anne Watt, recipient of the Australian Pork Ltd Award
- Ashlea Webster, recipient of the AgriFutures Australia Award.
Download the winners’ booklet PDF [1.95 MB, 36 pages] to read about each recipient’s project.
The recipient of the Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources’ Award will be announced at the ABARES Outlook 2019 conference dinner on Tuesday 5 March.
The Science Awards recognise big ideas from young rural innovators that contribute to the success of Australia’s agriculture sector.
2019 Science Award partners
We thank our partners for their support and commitment to the 2019 Science Awards.
Questions? Contact the Science Awards team at Science Awards or phone 02 6272 2260 / 02 6272 2303.