The biosecurity sciences sections within ABARES undertakes a range of multi-disciplinary research projects that assist ABARES, the department and external clients to achieve strategic objectives as they relate to biosecurity issues in invasive species, social sciences and quantitative sciences.
- improving techniques for mapping and modelling pest and disease spread
- developing methods for designing more efficient surveillance systems
- developing processes to assist with the prioritisation of exotic invasive species
- providing advice on biosecurity policy and proposed reforms
- assessing tools and mechanisms to achieve effective community engagement in biosecurity.
Biosecurity sciences reports