National Farm Safety Education Fund: Improving Farm Safety Practices
The Australian Government has committed up to $1.6 million to 30 June 2023 to improve farm safety across Australia.
The National Farm Safety Education Fund: Improving Farm Safety Practices grants program will:
- increase awareness of farm safety
- develop educational tools and training to reduce the likelihood of on-farm accidents.
1 in 5 workplace fatalities happen on farms. Improving farm safety awareness and education will benefit Australia's farmers, farm workers, families and the regional communities they support.
To better and more effectively communicate to farmers, people living and working on Australian farms and in related industries, to improve their understanding and take up of the behaviours and practices associated with farm safety.
The program will support projects focused on education and capacity building in 2 priority areas:
- the next generation of farmers
- industry endorsed training and continued learning.
For farmers and those that live and work on Australian farms and in related industries:
- increased positive attitude shift towards farm safety practices
- increased uptake of farm safety practices.
How to apply
Find out more about the grant program at: