To deliver our functions as set out in the Administrative Arrangements Orders, we:
- provide advice to the Australian Government
- deliver programs
- administer legislation including as a significant regulator in the Australian economy.
Laws we enforce
As a regulator we enforce laws relating to:
- pest and disease risks of goods, people and vessels arriving in Australia
- agricultural goods exported from Australia
- imported food safety
- imported wood and paper products
- agricultural levies.
Read more about our responsibilities and the laws we administer.
We work with our stakeholders, governments and the public to achieve our objectives.
We seek feedback through:
- public consultation
- industry forums
- consultative committees
- international delegations
- working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
Discover how you can share your ideas.