Southern QLD/Northern NSW Drought Resilience Adoption and Innovation Hub
The Southern QLD/Northern NSW Hub is led by the University of Southern Queensland (USQ).
The Australian Government will contribute $10 million over 4 years through the Future Drought Fund. Hub partners will provide co-contributions of $10.8 million over 4 years.
SQLD-NNSW Hub and node locations
The core site is at USQ in Toowoomba.
Hub nodes are in:
The University of New England will host a dedicated node in Armidale to service Northern NSW.
Key industries include:
- horticulture and viticulture
- tree crops
The hub will engage with farmers, traditional owners, agribusinesses, and mental health services. The hub will empower stakeholders and existing service providers to co-design drought preparedness activities for the region. Hub members will apply proven drought-resilience research on the ground. The hub will improve innovation and adoption across agriculture, industry and the community.
SQLD/NNSW Hub leaders
Director: Professor Roger Stone
Knowledge Broker: Dr Ann Starasts
- University of New England
- Queensland College of Wine Tourism (University of Southern Queensland)
- The University of Newcastle
- The Regenerative Agriculture Alliance & Farming Together (Southern Cross University)
- TAFE Queensland
- Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
- New South Wales DPI (through the Department of Regional NSW)
- Central Western Queensland Remote Area Planning and Development Board (RAPAD)
- Healthy Land and Water Ltd
- Southern Gulf NRM Ltd
- Local Land Services (NSW)
- Southern Queensland Landscapes
- Australian Meat Processor Corporation
- Sugar Research Australia
- Agri-Business Development Institute
- Willis Towers Watson
- AgRee Commodities
- Landcare Farming Program (on behalf of National Landcare Network).
- Queensland Farmers’ Federation
- Australian Organic Ltd
- ThinkPlace Australia
- Beanstalk/Impact Innovation Group Ltd
- Celsius Pro (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Canegrowers Queensland.
- Australian Red Cross
- The University of Queensland
- Toowoomba and Surat Basin Enterprises
- Queensland Cropping Research
- Meat & Livestock Australia
- GreenCollar Group
- Sunshot Energy Pty Ltd
- CRC for High Performance Soils
- Bureau of Meteorology
- Agrifood Connect
- The proposed ONE Basin CRC
- The World Meteorological Organisation.
If you have difficulty accessing these files, visit web accessibility for assistance.