Date of issue: 23 June 2021
Date of effect: 01 August 2021
Reference Number: MAA2021-22
- Industries—Industry bodies – Dairy Australia, Dairy Export Industry Consultative Committee, Infant Nutrition Council
- Export dairy establishments
- Licensed exporters
- Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment—Central and Regional offices
This Market Access Advice provides information on the temporary suspension of dairy and dairy products exports to Brazil until a new health certificate is negotiated.
This suspension will be implemented from 1 August 2021.
Summary of key points
- Brazil has new export certification requirements for dairy exports.
- The existing health certificate template (ZDBR01) for the export of dairy and dairy products to Brazil will not be accepted from 1 August 2021.
- The department is negotiating and implementing the required changes to the health certificate for the export of dairy and dairy products to Brazil.
- From 1 August 2021, the dairy health certificate, ZDBR01 will be unavailable for the export of milk and milk products to Brazil until further notice.
- Exporters are advised to raise their Request for Export (REX) at completion level and all associated certificates be printed on or before 31 July 2021.
- Failure to have certificates printed on or before 31 July 2021 will result in consignment/s being rejected or detained.
- No milk or milk products can be exported to Brazil until new certificate is negotiated.
- The department will publish further MAA when new health certificate is negotiated so that the trade can resume.
The Manual of Importing Country Requirements (Micor) will be updated to reflect this Market Access Advice.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.