Date of issue: 01 February 2022
Date of effect: Immediate
Reference Number: MAA2022-03
- Industries—Industry bodies – Dairy Australia – Infant Nutrition Council, Dairy Export Industry Consultative Committee
- Export establishments for the following commodities: Dairy
- Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment — Central and Regional offices
This Market Access Advice provides information on Taiwan’s agreement to continue the trial implementation of electronic certification (eCert) until further notice.
Summary of key points
- To continue to support trade during the COVID-19 pandemic, the department is continuing to provide both paper certification and electronic certification (eCert) for milk and milk products exported to Taiwan. This will continue until further notice.
- For milk and milk products exported to Taiwan using eCert, exporters need to raise their Request for Export (REX) through the Next Export Documentation (NEXDOC) system. The eCert is automatically generated from data provided within the REX and is sent directly from government to government. This includes any replacements or changes that may occur to the original certificate.
- The department is continuing to negotiate for the removal of paper certification.
- The department’s Manual of Importing Country Requirements (MICoR) Taiwan page has been updated to reflect the changes to certification requirements.
- Exporters encountering any difficulties with the acceptance of certification to Taiwan should contact the department at email@example.com.
Contact ExportStandards@aff.gov.au if you have any queries.