Date of issue: 28 April 2022
Date of effect: Immediate
Reference Number: MAA2022-09
- Industries—Industry bodies – Dairy Australia – Infant Nutrition Council, Dairy Export Industry Consultative Committee, Australian Food and Grocery Council
- Dairy export establishments
- Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment — Central and Regional offices
To notify stakeholders of strict certificate requirements for milk and milk products entering or transiting Turkey.
Turkey adopts EU importing country requirements for milk and milk products, including EU certification. Turkey will not be moving to electronic paperless certification (eCert).
- Turkey adopts EU certificate requirements for milk and milk products entering or transiting Turkey en route to a final destination.
- For milk and milk products exported to Turkey, exporters must ensure all relevant certificates are completed and signed before the consignment departs Australia.
- For milk and milk products transiting through Turkey, a transit certificate is required.
- The date of signature on the health certificate and the transit certificate must match
- The certificates must be signed and dated on, or before, the date of departure.
- The department may be unable to facilitate the release of detained consignments with incorrect certification.
- Exporters should liaise with their importer to confirm all certification requirements have been met before the goods leave Australia.
- The department encourages exporters to visit the Manual of Importing Country Requirements (Micor) for Turkey for further details on certification requirements.
Contact ExportStandards@awe.gov.au if you have any queries.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.