Date of issue: 26 August 2022
Date of effect: Immediately
Reference Number: MAA2022-27
- Industries—Industry bodies – Dairy Australia – Dairy Export Industry Consultative Committee
- Export dairy establishments
- Registered exporters
- Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment — Central and Regional offices
To remind exporters that product should not be exported to markets that require establishment listing until the establishment is formally listed with the overseas competent authority.
- Exporters are reminded that markets such as China, Indonesia, Malaysia, South Korea, Chile, Brazil, and the European Union (EU) all require the establishment to be listed with the overseas competent authority to export to that market.
- No product should be exported until the establishment has been formally listed with the overseas competent authority.
- Amendments to an establishment’s export registration (such as a name or ownership change) require the department to formally notify the overseas competent authority.
- In some circumstances (e.g., Korea), establishments may be required to submit a listing amendment form to the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (the department) before an overseas listing can be amended.
- More information on the requirements for listings and amendments is available on the dairy Micor page for each country.
- The department may be unable to facilitate the release of detained consignments if the establishments are not listed with the overseas competent authority.
- The department encourages all exporters to work with their importer to ensure that product meet importing country requirements.
Exporters encountering any difficulties should contact the department via ExportStandards@agriculture.gov.au.
Contact ExportStandards@agriculture.gov.au if you have any queries.