Date of issue: 19 October 2022
Date of effect: Immediate
Reference Number: MAA2022-34
- Industries—Industry bodies – Dairy Australia – Infant Nutrition Council, Dairy Export Industry Consultative Committee, Australian Food and Grocery Council
- Dairy Export establishments
- Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry — Central and Regional offices
To notify Australian manufacturers and exporters that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has announced it will host a four-part webinar series to provide more in-depth information about the details outlined in the new guidance document, Infant Formula Transition Plan for Exercise of Enforcement Discretion and address questions.
Summary of key points
- The FDA will be hosting a four-part webinar series providing additional technical information to support the recently announced Infant Formula Transition Plan for Exercise of Enforcement Discretion.
- Each webinar will have a specific focus:
- October 21, 2022: Infant Formula Enforcement Discretion Transition Guidance Overview, commencing at 5:00 am (AEDT)
- November 4, 2022: New Infant Formula Submission Requirements, commencing at 5:00 am (AEDT)
- November 10, 2022: Quality Factor Requirement – Sufficient Biological Quality of Protein, commencing at 6:00 am (AEDT)
- November 17, 2022: Quality Factor Requirement – Normal Physical Growth, commencing at 6:00 am (AEDT)
- To participate, please register here. One registration provides access to all four webinars.
- The webinars will be recorded and posted to the FDA website.
- Further information can be found here.
Contact ExportStandards@agriculture.gov.au if you have any queries.