Date of issue: 21 May 2020
Date of effect: Immediate
Reference Number: MAA2020-06
- Industries—Industry bodies – Australian Egg Corporation Limited
- Export registered egg processing establishments
- Licensed exporters
- Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment—Central and Regional offices
- Relevant State Regulatory Authorities
This MAA notifies exporters that Australia has regained market access for Australian table eggs to Saudi Arabia.
Summary of key points
Access for table eggs
- After suspension of exports last year, the department has been in negotiations with the Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA) to regain access for table eggs.
- Negotiations for a new certificate continue.
- SFDA have approved the interim use of the previously agreed certificate (EX46SA with endorsement 5132) until a replacement certificate is agreed. This enables trade to recommence immediately.
- The Department encourages all exporters to work with their importer to ensure that the product meets importing country requirements and that importers in Saudi Arabia have received appropriate permissions from SFDA.
- The Manual of Importing Country Requirements (MICoR) will be updated to reflect these requirements.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.