Date of issue: 5 March 2018
Date of effect: Immediate
- Industries— Seafood
- Export seafood establishments
- Licensed exporters
- Department of Agriculture and Water Resources—Central and Regional offices
To notify exporters of requirements for certification for molluscs (except cephalopods) exported to Taiwan.
Summary of key points
- Taiwan requires the harvest area to appear on export certificates accompanying molluscs (except cephalopods) entering Taiwan. These products will be detained in Taiwan if they do not comply with this requirement.
- Exporters of molluscs (except cephalopods) of aquaculture origin and wild origin must include the harvest area (e.g. ASQAP Harvest Area, FAO zone, etc.) when raising a Request for Permit.
- The department does not currently have capability to issue a certificate showing harvest area for molluscs of land-based aquaculture origin. As an interim measure, exports of molluscs of land-based aquaculture origin (such as abalone cultured in tanks) must be accompanied by a facilitation letter issued by the department that states name and address of the aquaculture farm where the product(s) were harvested from.
- Contact the department at Exports or Dairy Eggs Fish to request a consignment-specific facilitation letter. The original of the letter must accompany the original government certificate.
- The Manual of Importing Country Requirements (Micor) has been updated to reflect these changes.
- Please see Micor for further information.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.
Contact Exports if you have any queries.