Date of issue: 30 August 2021
Date of effect: 1 September 2021
Reference Number: MAA2021-19
- Industries—Industry bodies - Seafood Exports Consultative Committee, Seafood Trade Advisory Group
- Export establishments
- Department of Agriculture and Water Resources—Central and Regional offices
To notify exporters of new export certification for the export of live rock lobsters to Thailand from 1 September 2021.
Summary of key points
- The department has negotiated with Thailand’s Department of Fisheries (DOF) new export certification for the export of eligible species of live rock lobsters to Thailand.
- From 1 September 2021, for the export of live rock lobsters, exporters may request the FX46 certificate with endorsement 5240.
- The change in certification requirement was a result of a request for market access for western rock lobster to be included as an eligible species for live exports to Thailand, joining tropical and ornate rock lobsters. DOF requested new animal health attestations to be included in the government export certificate.
- The department recommends exporters to confirm with importers regarding the eligibility of the species of rock lobsters for import into Thailand.
- The Manual of Importing Country Requirements (Micor) will be updated to reflect the new requirements.
Contact ExportStandards@awe.gov.au if you have any queries.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.