Date of issue: 7 October 2021
Date of effect: From 1 January 2022
Reference Number: MAA2021-20
- Industries—Industry bodies – Dairy Australia, Dairy Export Industry Consultative Committee, Infant Nutrition Council and Seafood Export Consultative Committee, Export dairy and seafood establishments
- Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment —Central and Regional offices
To provide an update on new Chinese requirements for manufacturers, processors and storage facilities for dairy and fish that are exported to China.
Summary of key points
- Further to MAA2021-26 (Dairy) and MAA2021-15 (Seafood) which informed food processing and storage establishments of new requirements for imported food and overseas food establishments, the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment has information from the General Administration of Customs of the People’s Republic of China (GACC) regarding the new registration processes for overseas food establishments, including storage facilities.
- The department understands that existing registration and listing processes for dairy and seafood will continue post 1 January 2022. There is no further action for these establishments at this time, where they are already listed.
- For establishments that also process other food categories, please refer to the market access advice for non-prescribed goods (MAA2021-14 NPG).
- Exporters are also encouraged to work closely with their importers to continue to ensure compliance with China’s requirements.
Further advice will be provided for industries and exporters by the department when information is available.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.