Date of issue: 8 March 2022
Date of effect: Immediate
Reference Number: MAA2022-02
- Industries—Industry bodies - Seafood Export Consultative Committee, Seafood Trade Advisory Group
- Export establishments
- Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment —central and regional offices
To notify exporters of new market access for frozen lobsters to Mexico.
Summary of key points
- The Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment (the department) has negotiated new market access with Mexico’s National Service of Health, Food Safety and Quality (SENASICA) for the export of frozen lobsters from Australia to Mexico.
- SENASICA has approved the following species for export into Mexico from Australia: -
- Eastern Rock Lobster - Sagmariasus spp.,
- Western Rock Lobster and Tropical Rock Lobsters - Panulirus spp.,
- Southern Rock Lobster - Jasus spp.,
- Slipper Lobsters - Scyllarides spp.
- From 9 March 2022, a new health certificate for the export of lobster to Mexico will be available to exporters.
- Exporters may request the FX46 certificate with endorsement 5243, which states:
The lobsters were caught in Australian waters and the fishery is regulated by the relevant government authority in Australia.
- SENASICA import conditions require the lobsters to arrive in the following ports: Cancun, Chetumal, Veracruz, Merida or Progresso. These ports are all on the west coast of Mexico.
- The Manual of Importing Country Requirements (Micor) will be updated to reflect the new market access and conditions.
Contact ExportStandards@awe.gov.au if you have any queries.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.