Date of issue: 28 September 2022
Date of effect: 13 October 2022
Reference Number: MAA2022-16
Related: MAA 2021-10
- Industries—Industry bodies - Seafood Export Consultative Committee
- Export establishments
- Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry - Central and Regional offices
This Market Access Advice (MAA) is to advise industry of updates to certification for the export of fish and fish products to the United Kingdom (other than Northern Ireland).
Summary of key points
- From 13 October 2022, the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry will be updating health certificates for the export of fish and fish products to the United Kingdom (UK) excluding Northern Ireland.
- The updated certificate template codes are FGBA (for fishery products such as eviscerated fish or non-viable crustaceans) and FGBB (for aquaculture whole fish).
- The health certificates were updated in response to the release of new model certificates by the UK.
- Amendments to certification are administrative in nature, there are no changes to the Request for Permit (RFP) process. Exporters should continue to raise RFPs through the normal process.
Contact email@example.com if you have any queries.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.