Date of issue: 9 December 2022
Date of effect: 1 February 2023
Reference Number: MAA2022-20
Related: MAA 2022-18
- Industries—Industry bodies - Seafood Export Consultative Committee
- Export establishments
- Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry - Central and Regional offices
This Market Access Advice (MAA) is to notify industry of a new registration requirement by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) from 1 February 2023.
Summary of key points
- FSSAI has notified the department that it will implement a new registration requirement from 1 February 2023 for all foreign food manufacturing facilities, including establishments processing fish and fish products for export to India.
- Under this requirement, FSSAI has requested the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (the department) to submit details of processing establishments that export fish and fish products to India.
- The department is seeking further clarification from FFSSAI on the requirement and timeframe.
- Exporters are requested to exercise caution when exporting fish and fish products to India where product will arrive on or after 1 February 2023, until requirements can be confirmed
- Further Market Access Advice will be published when updated information is available.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.