Date of issue: 19 July 2019
Date of effect: Immediately
Reference Number: MAA1905
- Industry bodies - AHBIC
- Department of Agriculture—Central and Regional offices
To notify establishments and exporters of an update to the Department of Agriculture’s Manual of Importing Country Requirements (MICoR) for honey exported to the European Union (EU).
MICoR update for honey to the EU
- The documentation requirements to be provided for the issuance of certification for honey exported from Australia to the EU have been updated in MICoR. This includes;
- documentation demonstrating that honey imported into Australia for blending/re-export to the EU is sourced from countries eligible to export honey to the EU (in accordance with EU Decision 2015/1338/EU).
- documentation demonstrating that overseas processing establishments from which the honey is sourced meets EU requirements (in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 852/2004).
- A manufacturer’s declaration stating that the honey is free of imported honey or an exporter’s declaration stating that the honey contains imported honey is required.
- Refer to the EU MICoR page for honey for further information.
Contact Exports if you have any queries.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.