28 March 2013
To advise industry and Authorised Officers that the new procedural resources for the inspection and approval of bulk vessels for loading with prescribed grain and plant products are now accessible on the DAFF website.
The Plant Export Operations Manual (PEOM) and associated Work Instructions for bulk vessel inspections provide procedural references for the inspection of empty bulk vessel ship holds. PEOM and Work Instructions are under review to align with Export Control (Plants and Plant Products) Order 2011 (‘the Order’) and to assist in achieving national consistency in export certification processes which meet importing country and Australian plant export legislative requirements.
The following procedural resources will come into effect on 28 March 2013:
- PEOM Volume 10 Inspection of Empty Bulk Vessels (view DAFF website for further information)
- Work Instruction VFE3001 – Inspection of Empty Bulk Vessels (view DAFF website for further information)
Changes to PEOM Volume 10 and VFE3001:
- Simplified treatment requirements in line with the Export Control (Plants and Plant Products) Order 2011
- Updated inspection procedures in line with ‘the Order’ and the new Authorised Officer (AO) model
- Updated protocols for rejection based on non-infestible residues.
Exporters who export prescribed grain and plant products in bulk vessels should familiarise themselves with PEOM Volume 10 Inspection of Empty Bulk Vessels and Work Instruction VFE3001 Inspection of empty bulk vessels.
Authorised Officer Responsibilities
- Authorised Officers are to ensure they are familiar and comply with PEOM Volume 11 Empty container inspection and Work Instruction ECI3001 Inspection of empty containers.
If you have any further enquiries, please contact Grain and Seed Export program on +61 2 6272 3229 or email or contact the Regional Plant Export Manager.
Plant Export Operations