11 February 2021
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise exporters, and inspection Authorised Officers (AOs) of updates to instructional material relating to manual export certification.
Summary of changes and key points
- Instructional material relating to manual export certification for plant exports has been updated.
- There are no significant changes to policy or process; the updates are to improve readability and provide clarification.
- The Guideline: Issuance of certification for plant exports has been published in the Documentation section of the Plant Export Operations Manual.
- The following documents have been published on the Certificates, declarations and forms webpage
- Work Instruction: Preparing a radioactivity statement certificate for plant exports
- Work Instruction: Preparing a declaration and certificate as to condition (EX188) for plant exports
- Work Instruction: Preparing a manual ship’s holds inspection certificate (EX175) for plant exports.
Clients and AOs must comply with the updated instructional material effective immediately.
As part of the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment’s commitment to continual improvement, we are revising our instructional material.
This will include the Volumes, Guidelines, Work Instructions, References and Candidate advices published on the Plant Export Operations Manual and related plant exports webpages. We are revising this material to help it better meet your needs. The technical content will largely remain the same, it will simply be presented in a clearer, easier to understand format and language.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email EXDOC Plant Programs.
Plant Export Operations Branch