28 April 2021
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise Australia plant and plant product industry stakeholders of the renewal of Australia's Country Recognition Arrangement (CRA) with Indonesia.
Summary of changes and key points
- On 22 April 2021, Australia’s CRA with Indonesia, which recognises Australia's food safety systems for fresh food of plant origin, was renewed.
- The renewed CRA is valid from 27 April 2021 for 3 years.
- The renewed CRA and table of the recognised products under the CRA can be found in attachment 1.
- The food safety requirements for the exportation of recognised products under the CRA to Indonesia are
- Every consignment must be accompanied by Prior Notice issued by the Australian exporters or their representative in Australia.
- Prior Notice must be issued before the product arrives in Indonesia.
Australia’s CRA arrangement with Indonesia allows listed fresh food of plant origin to be exported to Indonesia with reduced testing/inspection, and preferential port access.
Australia’s CRA with Indonesia was first established in 2009 and has been continuously renewed every 3 years as per Indonesia’s ministerial decree requirements.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email Plant Market Access.
Agriculture Trade and Market Access Branch
Attachment 1: Table of recognised products under the CRA
|7.||Figs/Buah Ara (Buah Tin)|
|15.||Lychee/Litchi or Leci|
|26.||Raspberries, red or black/Rasberries, Merah, Hitam|
|36.||Dried Peppers Chili/Cabai Kering|
|39.||Sweet Corn/Jagung Manis|
|Sweet corn (corn-on-the-cob)/Jagung manis dengan tongkolnya|
|Sweet corn (kernel)/Jagung manis pipilan|
|41.||Lima bean/Kacang Lima|
|44.||Brussels Sprouts/Kubis Brussels|
|45.||Chinese Cabbage/Kubis Cina|
|Type pak coi/tipe pak-coi|
|Type pe-tsai/tipe pe-tsai|
|Lettuce Leaf/Selada daun|
|Rice Husked/Beras Pecah Kulit|
|Rice Polished/Beras dipoles (sosoh)|
|Maize Flour/Tepung Jagung|
|62.||Hazelnut nuts/Kacang Hazel|
|63.||Macadamia nuts/Kacang Makad amia|
|64.||Pistachio nuts/Kacang Pistachios|
|68.||Mung bean/Kacang Hijau|
|69.||Peas/Kacang Kapri atau Polong|