11 May 2021
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise of a new address to use to request a plant export inspection by Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment Authorised Officers for Queensland exports.
Summary of changes and key points
- From 17 May 2021, you will be requested to direct your request for plant export inspection to a new email address. The new address to use is ExportsRFI@agriculture.gov.au.
- This notice affects all clients requesting inspections for all QLD locations except Cairns and NSW locations that are north of Lismore.
- To support your lodgement of request for inspection, please use the following words (if applicable) in the subject heading of your email title
- AWB, Air Waybill,
- Cancel, Remove, Change, Modify, Update, Modification
- Overtime, OT, O/T
Biosecurity Operations Division is implementing a new system, the Scheduling and Workload Management System (SWMS), which will manage request for inspections, the scheduling of these requests and management of the associated booking. SWMS will begin to be used in all QLD locations except Cairns and NSW locations that are north of Lismore from 17 May 2021 by the Client Contact Group and Inspection Group. SWMS enables more effective scheduling and booking processes of request for inspections and an infield application for inspectors to capture the status of inspections.
There will be no change to the current request for inspection forms. The introduction of SWMS includes email notifications that you will receive in the following instances, most of which you receive from our current system:
- request for inspection is received
- request for inspection has been booked
- additional information is required including when the AIMS entry ID is not valid
- booking date or time has changed; and
- received a modification or cancellation
The department has introduced two new email notifications to assist you in updates on inspection. This includes a reminder 2 days prior to booked inspection date/time and when inspectors have indicated in SWMS that they are travelling to the location of the booking (where we have email details for the site contact). We anticipate that these new notifications will be of assistance to you.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please continue to direct your enquiries to the departments Client Contact Group on 1800 900 090.
Assessment and Client Contact