2 June 2021
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to invite stakeholders in the import and export biosecurity treatment industry, customs brokers and related biosecurity industry participants—particularly methyl bromide and sulfuryl fluoride fumigators—to attend upcoming biosecurity treatment industry roundtables.
Register to attend the upcoming biosecurity treatment industry roundtables:
- Session 1 – Australian fumigation regulation and Approved Arrangements, 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm (AEST), Tuesday 8 June 2021
- Australian fumigation regulation – survey results
- Approved arrangement conditions review – 12.1 and 12.2
- Industry feedback
- Session 2 – Congestion busting, alternative treatments, methyl bromide use and engaging with new technology, 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm (AEST), Wednesday 9 June 2021
- Engaging with new technology
- Plant Exports Congestion Busting Program
- Alternative treatments
- Methyl bromide use by volume and commodity
- Industry feedback.
The Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment is running two round table sessions on 8 and 9 June 2021. Through these sessions we aim to engage industry in a collaborative information exchange across a range of biosecurity treatment related topics. We will share details on proposed changes to approved arrangement 12.1 and 12.2 class conditions and discuss methyl bromide treatment provider survey results, treatment methodologies, new technology and alternative forms of treatments. Please note that each session will cover different topics.
These sessions will provide an opportunity for stakeholders to ask questions, seek technical advice and provide feedback to the department.
What we want to know
If you wish to attend one or more of the sessions but do not find these times suitable, please email AFAS to register your interest in future sessions. Please indicate which session you are interested in and we will use this information when planning future events.
For more information, please contact the department at AFAS.
Plant Export Operations Branch