7 June 2021
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to notify stakeholders of updates to the Plant Exports Management System (PEMS).
Summary of changes and key points
- To align with the recent legislation changes, the name ‘Containerised Goods Inspection’ has been changed to ‘Grain and Plant Products Inspection’.
- The Quality System Recognition inspection has been updated to align expiry dates with commodity and packaging combinations.
- The local time default has been removed for Japan In-Transit Cold Treatment GMT time in the ‘Loading Details’ window.
- The ‘Refresh from EXDOC’ action button has been added to External Executive profile, which will allow Exporters, EDI users and Registered Establishments to refresh container, treatment and import permit information that has been added to the RFP in EXDOC, up until the RFP is closed in PEMS.
- Clarification around when the ‘Edit Exporter Name’ can be used has been added to all relevant user guides.
- Clarification around the current system limitation for bulk into ship hold inspections has been added to the Reference: Plant Export Management System authorised officer user guide – bulk into ship hold inspections. This includes further information about holds under ballast and import permits.
- Authorised officer reappointments and the annual levy process can now be completed in PEMS.
- A series of pop-up boxes and instructional prompts will appear in PEMS for those AOs who are due for reappointment, and for AOs who need to pay the annual levy.
PEMS is an IT system that is used to capture and store information relating to the export of plants and plant products from Australia, including plant product export inspection, calibration results and transport units.
Further information about PEMS is available on the Plant Export Management System webpage.
All users of PEMS should clear their cache after each release to ensure they are using the latest version of PEMS, this will ensure fewer issues are encountered.
All users of PEMS should familiarise themselves with what has changed and follow the updated PEMS user guides.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email PEMS Administrator.
For more information about PEMS system integration, please contact the PEMS Technical Support team.
Plant Export Operations Branch