5 July 2021
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to notify stakeholders of updates to the Plant Exports Management System (PEMS).
Summary of changes and key points
- The following updates have been made to PEMS:
- Removal of the ‘Edit Exporter Name’ function for Authorised Officers (AOs). This function will now sit with PEMS administration.
- Correction of system limitation for bulk into ship hold inspections to allow multiple import permits across multiple associated Requests for Permits (RFPs) to be extracted from EXDOC.
- Release of the Accredited Properties validation enhancement for Citrus protocol. This is being run as a pilot and AOs with the relevant job function have been emailed the information directly.
- All relevant user guides have been updated.
PEMS is an IT system that is used to capture and store information relating to the export of plants and plant products from Australia, including plant product export inspection, calibration results and transport units.
Further information about PEMS is available on the Plant Export Management System webpage.
All users of PEMS should clear their cache after each release to ensure they are using the latest version of PEMS, this will ensure fewer issues are encountered.
All users of PEMS should familiarise themselves with what has changed and follow updated PEMS user guides.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email PEMS Administrator.
For more information about PEMS system integration, please contact the PEMS Technical Support team.
Plant Export Operations Branch