18 November 2021
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise industry of a new certification process, when exporting potatoes from Victoria to Korea. The new requirement is effective immediately.
Summary of changes and key points
- The new process applies to potatoes which are harvested from an area permitted for export and washed in an accredited washing facility in Victoria.
- The new process removes the requirement to submit a separate EX46A form to confirm the place of origin.
- An additional statement will now appear in the phytosanitary certificate confirming the place of origin for export to Korea.
- The Manual of importing country requirements (Micor) has been updated to reflect the new requirements. Exporters must refer to the relevant Micor case prior to export to ensure import conditions can be met.
- All other export requirements remain unchanged.
Authorised Officer Responsibilities
Authorised officers must validate a grower declaration to confirm the place of origin at inspection, in accordance with the Guideline: Supporting documents for plant exports.
The new requirement only applies to potatoes which are harvested from an area permitted for export and transported via the state of Victoria for washing and shipping.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email the Horticulture Exports Program.
Acting Assistant Secretary
Plant Export Operations Branch