6 December 2021
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to notify stakeholders of updates to the Export Documentation System (EXDOC) that will facilitate automatic Request For Permit (RFP) authorisation for all exports of fresh fruit and vegetables, where no certificate is required.
- From 7 pm to 12 pm AEDT on Tuesday, 7 December 2021, EXDOC will be updated to facilitate the automatic RFP authorisation of all fresh fruit and vegetable exports, where no certificate is required.
- Automatic RFP authorisation is currently only available for exports to Singapore, Hong Kong and the Maldives. The update extends this function to all countries.
- For these RFPs, Electronic Data Interface (EDI) users will no longer need to send an email request to us to authorise the RFP, as the system will automatically update the RFP to Completed (COMP) status when all relevant information has been entered.
Exporter and EDI user responsibilities
- For RFPs created prior to the system update, you should follow the existing process for fresh fruit and vegetable RFPs where no certificate is required and submit an authorisation request via email to Assessment Services Exports for all countries except Singapore, Hong Kong and the Maldives.
- For RFPs created after 7 December 2021, automatic authorisation will occur for all fresh fruit and vegetable RFPs where no certificate is required, and an email request is no longer required.
Ongoing enhancement to export systems are delivered through projects under the Trade Reform Initiative. The aim of the Export Certification Modernisation – Horticulture and Grain project is to use modern technologies to streamline the existing process for requesting export permits and certification, to improve our clients’ experience with government service delivery and to minimise duplication of data requirements across the department.
Further information about system enhancements is available on the Transforming Export Services webpage.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email Enhanced Traceability Project.
Acting Assistant Secretary
Plant Export Operations Branch