16 December 2021
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to notify exporters and plant export Authorised Officers (AOs) of the release of the reinstatement of expired and withdrawn AO appointments policy.
Summary of changes and key points
- The new policy for the reinstatement of expired and withdrawn plant export AO appointments is available on the Authorised Officers webpage.
- This policy applies to persons with an expired or withdrawn AO appointment status only.
- The following documents have been published as part of the new policy
- Guideline: Reinstatement of expired and withdrawn plant export authorised officer appointments
- Reference: Application to be reinstated as a plant export authorised officer.
Authorised officer responsibilities
- Candidates must meet the eligibility criteria prior to being reinstated as a plant export AO.
- Candidates wanting to be reinstated as a plant export AO must complete the Reference: Application to be reinstated as a plant export authorised officer and submit it to Plant Export Training.
The reinstatement of expired and withdrawn AO appointments policy has been developed as part of an improvement to the AO model. The policy aims to facilitate reappointment of expired and withdrawn AO candidates, if they can provide us assurance that they have retained the skills and knowledge to be an AO.
An overview of the reinstatement policy and what it means for AOs can be found on the Authorised Officers webpage.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email Plant Export Training or call the AO Hotline on 1800 851 305.
Acting Assistant Secretary
Plant Export Operations Branch