05 January 2022
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to inform owners, operators and managers of plant export registered establishments that applications to vary an establishment’s registration and/or approved arrangement (EX26b) can now be lodged online via the Export Service beta.
Summary of changes and key points
- Applications to vary an establishment’s registration and/or approved arrangement (EX26b) can now be lodged online via the Export Service beta.
- This includes applications for the following
- updating your establishment’s trading name
- making changes to management and control
- editing contact details
- making changes to export operations.
- Applications submitted through the online service will be processed as per the current process for EX26b applications.
- The current process for EX26a, EX26c and EX26d forms remains unchanged.
In the 2020–21 Budget, the Australian Government introduced reforms for the Australian agriculture sector in the Busting Congestion for Agricultural Exporters initiative. The Busting Congestion Program will be implemented over 3–5 years. The aim is to reduce the administrative burden by providing a centralised place for all export-related processes and get the products to export markets faster.
For additional background, refer to IAN 2022-01.
Registered establishment responsibilities
To access the Export Service beta occupiers of the establishment must sign up following the steps outlined on the webpage.
Note: You will be required to use the Australian Government Digital Identity platform. This works the same way as accessing services provided by other agencies, such as the Australian Taxation Office.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN or signing up to the Export Service, please email Export Service or contact the Exports Service Desk on 1800 571 125.
Acting Assistant Secretary
Plant Export Operations Branch