14 February 2022
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise of new protocol requirements for the export of peaches and nectarines to Vietnam.
Summary of changes and key points
- Market access has been granted for peaches and nectarines to Vietnam.
- A protocol of phytosanitary requirements for the export of peaches and nectarines from Australia to Vietnam has been published in the Manual of Importing Country Requirements (Micor).
- The protocol requires accreditation for farms, packhouses and treatment facilities for the Vietnam market.
- We will closely work with the peak industry body Summerfruit Australia Ltd to facilitate some limited trade for the remainder of the current export season.
- Due to the late stage of the season, only a very small number of participants, as advised by the peak industry body, will be provided accreditation as part of the initial trade process.
- Applications for accreditation will be open to the broader industry in June 2022 for the 2022–23 export season.
- Stakeholders interested in exporting peaches or nectarines to Vietnam for the 2022–23 season can contact Summerfruit Australia Ltd for further information.
In January 2022, we finalised a new protocol for peaches and nectarines to Vietnam. Over past five years the department and Summerfruit Australia Ltd have been in negotiation with Vietnam to establish market access for peaches and nectarines.
Negotiation continued before a “virtual visit” was conducted in January 2022 between the department and Vietnam and protocol was agreed upon to allow market access for peaches and nectarines.
It is the responsibility of the exporter to meet the requirements of the protocol. The protocol is available in the ‘Documents' section in Micor. To access these documents, you must be a registered Micor Plants user.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email Horticulture Exports.
Plant Export Operations Branch