23 June 2022
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to notify stakeholders of updates to the Plant Exports Management System (PEMS) occurring on the 30 June 2022.
Summary of changes and key points
- On 30 June 2022, PEMS will be enhanced with the below updates.
- Relevant PEMS user guides will be updated.
- Inspection records will now include an ‘Inspection Reason’. This will be displayed within the Request for Permit (RFP) details. If it is an initial inspection the field will be blank.
Bulk Vessel Inspections
- Supplementary inspections will now require a port name to be entered.
- Inspections can be reactivated by Authorised Officers.
- Authorised Officers can now subsequently join an initiated inspection as a secondary inspector.
- An ‘Inspection Reason’ must be given for secondary inspections. Inspection reasons are either
- Re-inspection – conducting an inspection of goods that previously received a ‘Fail’ result.
- Supplementary inspection – recording extra inspection activities against the same inspection record/RFP. For example, the inspection of a bulk vessel hold previously under ballast.
Bulk into ship hold inspections
- 'Amount Failed' field name has changed to 'Action figure'.
- A mandatory tick box for ‘10% calyces lift’ has been included for citrus inspections to protocol markets.
We are working towards integrating new capabilities and export technology to systems relating to permits, certification and inspection. We are collaborating with all stakeholders to improve the end-to-end user experience.
PEMS is an IT system that is used to capture and store information relating to the export of plants and plant products from Australia, including plant product export inspection, calibration results and transport units.
Further information about changes being made to PEMS is available on the Plant Export Management System webpage.
All users of PEMS should clear their cache after each release to ensure they are using the latest version of PEMS, this will ensure that fewer issues are encountered.
All users of PEMS should familiarise themselves with what has changed and follow updated PEMS user guides.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email PEMS Administrator.
For more information about PEMS system integration, please contact the PEMS Technical Support team.
Acting Assistant Secretary
Plant Export Operations Branch