05 October 2022
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise stakeholders that Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry email addresses will be updated following the Machinery of Government changes.
Summary of changes and key points
- On 10 October 2022, our email addresses will be updated as follows:
- Emails sent from our staff will appear as email@example.com.
- Emails sent from group mailboxes (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org) may continue to display @aff.gov.au as the changeover takes effect.
- In the short-term, emails sent to @aff.gov.au or @awe.gov.au addresses will continue to be received by staff and actioned accordingly.
- Our postal address and telephone contact details remain the same.
Following the swearing-in of the full ministry on 1 July 2022, the Prime Minister, the Hon. Anthony Albanese, MP announced a range of departmental and administrative changes to the Australian Public Service (APS), including changes to the previous Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment.
On 1 July 2022, we became the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF) and some of our previous functions were moved to the new Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water.
All stakeholders are asked to update details for departmental contacts accordingly.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email Plant Export Comms.
Acting Assistant Secretary
Plant Export Operations Branch