16 October 2020
Who does this notice affect?
All clients who submit documentation to the department for import assessment via the Cargo Online Lodgement System (COLS) or other departmental approved systems.
What has changed?
The department acknowledges that some clients are currently experiencing delays in receiving their directions.
The department is prioritising and redeploying resources to assist in clearing the current back log.
What will assist?
The department would like to advise clients of information that may assist in avoiding unnecessary delays in the clearance of goods:
- Ensure that documents and other information are lodged completely and accurately and in line with the department’s minimum documentary requirements and import conditions.
- Do not provide unnecessary documents, as this can result in longer assessment times.
- Ensure any specific additional information is included in the “additional Information” field in COLS.
- Please do not repeatedly call or email the department checking on the status of a lodgement for document assessment – this unnecessarily compounds the delays.
- Regardless of the expected assessment outcome, nominate a valid Approved Arrangement (AA) inspection location, preferably with the AA registration number and name, to avoid additional processing delays.
Please contact the department on 1800 900 090 and follow the correct options to reach the relevant section to assist with entry processing matters.