1 June 2021
Who does this notice affect?
This notice affects all clients requesting inspections for Queensland and Northern NSW locations (except for Cairns) via importsRFI@agriculture.gov.au
Industry Notice 91-2021 identified that the Biosecurity Operations Division within the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment is implementing a new system called the Scheduling and Workload Management System (SWMS). SWMS will manage request for inspections, the scheduling of these requests and management of the associated bookings. SWMS will begin to be used in all QLD locations (except Cairns), and NSW locations that are north of Lismore from 17 May 2021 by the Client Contact Group and Inspection Group.
What is changing?
There are currently delays in industry members receiving confirmation of bookings made for Queensland and Northern NSW locations.
What are we doing to manage the workload?
The department continues to manage a range of strategies to address these concerns including:
- Staff overtime to process requests outside core business hours.
- Identify and prioritise perishable consignments.
- Progress system enhancements to SWMS.
How can industry members assist?
Industry members can assist in avoiding delays in obtaining a confirmed inspection booking by ensuring:
- Booking requests are lodged well in advance of the required inspection date.
- The request for inspection is lodged completely and accurately with all required information provided.
- The goods are ready for inspection and are not pending document assessment or treatment.
- To support your lodgement of request for inspection, please ensure you use the following words (if applicable) in the subject heading of your email title.
- AWB, Air Waybill,
- Cancel, Remove, Change, Modify, Update, Modification
- Overtime, OT, O/T
- Agreement, Arrangement, Approved, Extend, Reduce, Permanent.
Clients anticipating confirmation of their bookings should expect delays during this transition period.
Thank you for your ongoing cooperation.