25 August 2021
Who does this notice affect?
Stakeholders in the import and shipping industries—including treatment providers, vessel masters, freight forwarders, biosecurity industry participants, importers, customs brokers, principal shipping agents, and any other operators in the sea container supply and logistics chain.
What has changed?
The Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment will be running information sessions on the mandatory treatment requirements under Phase 3 of Australia's urgent actions to protect against khapra beetle.
These sessions will also provide an opportunity for treatment providers to ask questions and seek technical advice from us.
Khapra beetle information sessions
The information sessions will cover:
- Khapra Phrase 3 new import conditions commencing for high-risk plant products that are exported on or after 30 September 2021 and imported via commercial pathways.
- Khapra beetle treatment measures for high-risk plant products.
- How the requirements of our treatment methodologies apply to the treatment of high-risk plant products.
Two separate information sessions will be offered. One session will be held for heat and methyl bromide treatment measures, and another session will be held for controlled atmosphere treatment measures.
The information session will be held:
- 15:00-17:00 (AEST), Monday, 6 September 2021 – Heat and methyl bromide
- 15:00-17:00 (AEST), Tuesday, 7 September 2021 – Controlled atmosphere
Khapra beetle treatment enquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit awe.gov.au/khapra-urgent-actions