8 April 2021
Who does this notice affect?
Vessel operators, shipping agents, importers, brokers, first point of entry (FPOE) operators and others.
What has changed?
The Port of Brisbane FPOE determination has been amended to:
- Add Pacific Marine Base as a biosecurity entry point (BEP) for vessels other than passenger vessels, inorganic bulk goods, freight containers, general goods, non-commercial vessel baggage, and waste. This is a new BEP location.
- Add Brisbane International Cruise Terminal as a BEP for vessels other than non-commercial vessels, passenger vessel baggage, and waste other than non-commercial vessel waste. This is a new BEP location.
- Remove Fisherman Islands General Purpose Berth as a BEP for passenger vessel baggage. The location remains a BEP for vessels other than non-commercial vessels, general goods, inorganic bulk goods and waste other than non-commercial vessel waste.
- Add Wagners Wharf as a BEP for general goods. The location is already a BEP for vessels other than non-commercial vessels and passenger vessels, inorganic bulk goods and waste.
- Change the BEP name ‘Rivergate Marina’ to Rivergate Marina and Shipyard and add ‘Rivergate Marina and Shipyard’ as a BEP for non-commercial vessel waste. The operations at the location have not changed.
- Change the BEP name ‘GrainCorp Liquid Terminal’ to Quantem Bulk Liquid Storage. This is a name change only.
Please see the Port of Brisbane Determination registered on the Federal Register of Legislation for details, including vessel and goods permissions and BEP at the Port of Brisbane.
Lists of FPOE and links to determinations are available on the department’s webpage FPOE for vessels – text version.
Please see the department’s website for further information about FPOE and non-first points of entry for vessels.
For additional information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.