2021-36: NEXDOC Dairy – REX statuses
Date of issue: 15 September 2021
Date of effect: 15 September 2021
- Registered dairy exporters, manufacturers, agents, freight forwarders, and automated export permit issuers.
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment - Central and Regional offices.
To notify stakeholders of the request for export (REX) status functionality available in the Next Export Documentation (NEXDOC) system.
When completing a REX there are several statuses your REX may go though:
- Draft (ORDER): You have supplied sufficient information to generate a REX number, but not enough data to lodge a REX application.
- In Progress (FINAL): You have supplied enough information to allow authorisation and eligible to produce the certificates. The REX has been lodged but is not yet authorised. At this point the REX can be authorised by either the exporter if they are an Automated Export Permit Issuer (AEPI) or the department.
- In review (REVIEW): The REX has been authorised but there is information pertaining to the certificate that requires review by the department. It is important to note that not all REX applications will hold this status.
- Certificate ready (CTRD): The REX has been authorised and the associated certificate(s) can be generated and printed. REXs with this status have their print indicator set to hold.
- Complete (COMP): The REX has been finalised and all associated certificate(s) have been generated.
Please be aware that you must obtain an export permit prior to exporting goods from Australia. Failure to do so may result in consignments being detained and sanctions being applied.
For more information on certificate statuses, you can visit the NEXDOC help pages.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.