To assist you in using the NEXDOC portal we have developed videos, user guides and fact sheets. These include:
- How to register in NEXDOC
- How to lodge a Request to Export (REX)
- Knowing what a Request to Export (REX) status means
- How to print certificates from your office.
- Knowing if you should be amending or replacing a Request to Export (REX)
- How to copy a Request to Export (REX)
For further information or assistance, contact the NEXDOC help desk NEXDOC@awe.gov.au.
How to register in NEXDOC
You will only be able to use NEXDOC if your commodity has been introduced into the system. Find out how we are transitioning commodities to NEXDOC.
How to lodge a Request to Export (REX) in the NEXDOC portal
To obtain your export certification from NEXDOC, you will need to lodge a Request for Export (REX). A REX contains information specific to your consignment, required by the department and the importing country. To find out the importing country requirements visit Micor.
Once the required details have been provided, you can submit the REX for lodgement and review. Below is a video demonstrating the steps required to lodge a REX.
You can also read more information on How to lodge a Request to Export (REX) in the NEXDOC portal, in the related document below.
Knowing what your Request to Export (REX) status means
There are eight statuses linked to your REX to indicate the progress of your application. Noting that your REX may not go through all statuses. These are dependant of your commodity and importing country requirements.
The REX statuses are:
- ORDER/DRAFT – This status indicates NEXDOC has the minimum information to generate a REX number, but there is not enough information to lodge a REX application. You can amend information at this stage.
- FINAL – The REX is lodged with the department for authorisation. In this stage your REX has not yet been authorised. No export permit has been granted yet, if required.
- IN REVIEW – Your REX application contains information that needs to be reviewed by the department prior to obtaining your export certificate.
- CERTIFICATE READY – Your REX application has passed the required approvals and checks. You can view a preview of your export certificate. This status occurs if you have selected the Hold print indicator option. This option allows you to preview your final REX prior to releasing to print.
- COMPLETED – Your REX application is complete and the final export certificate has been generated.
- CANCELLED - This status indicates that this REX has been cancelled and cannot be progressed from this stage.
- WITHDRAWN – You can withdraw your REX or your REX may be withdrawn by the system if it not updated at the order/draft status for 90 days.
How to print a Certificate in your office
NEXDOC allows you to print your export certification to your own office, removing the need to collect your certificate from regional department offices. This function is only accessibly if the importing country allows it.
When completing your REX, you will be asked to indicate your printing preferences for the certificate. To print from your office, you will need to indicate that you wish to ‘Use your own printer’ and then select one of the following print preference options of:
The Auto and Hold preferences give you control in either holding your certificate at the Certificate Ready status, or automatically generating your certificate to complete.
The None option indicates that you do not want to print a certificate for this consignment.
The video below outlines this process.
For can read more on how to print your certificate in the related documents section.
Should I amend or replace a Request to Export (REX)
If you need to update information in your REX, a decision to amend or replace is based on the status of the REX.
The video below will provide reasons to if you should amend or replace you REX.
How to copy a Request to Export (REX)
If you are regularly exporting the same product, you can copy a previous REX application. There will be information that is required to complete the application such as quantities, weight and departure date but a lot of the information will be copied over from the previous REX. The video below outlines how you can copy a previous REX.
Contact the NEXDOC help desk
For more information or assistance for NEXDOC, please contact NEXDOC@awe.gov.au
Available for download below are user guides with information on NEXDOC, including how to lodge a REX.
If you have difficulty accessing these files, please visit web accessibility.