Exports – Planned outage of Department of Agriculture and Water Resources IT Systems (2018-11)
Date of issue: 18 September 2018
Date of Effect: 22 September 2018
Who does this notice affect?
This notice is intended for exporters and agents who export the following commodities: meat, fish, dairy, eggs, skins, hides, wool, and non-prescribed goods.
To notify EXDOC users of a planned system outage occurring on:
8:00pm Saturday 22 September - 8:00pm Sunday 23 September AEST.
Note: The planned outage may not require a full 24 hours to complete.
The following services will be unavailable during the outage window
- Ability to raise a Request for Permit (RFP)
- Ability to authorise an RFP (issue permit)
- Ability to process, amend or issue health certificates through EXDOC
- Ability to remote print certificates
- Ability to transmit e-Cert messages
- Access to MICoR
If documentation is required for the period where the outage occurs, exporters will need to obtain relevant export documentation prior to the outage, or postpone shipments until after the outage.
If you require documentation during the outage period and are unable to reschedule or postpone shipments the following facilitation may occur:
- Manual documentation (permits and certificates) may be issued for time critical perishable consignments that cannot be re-scheduled.
- The department will liase with overseas posts if contingency arrangements are initiated.
- Authorised officers may be available in major regional offices to issue manual certification for highly perishable airfreight shipments, for example, exports of live fish.
Actions required by exporters and EDI
- If you have planned shipments occurring between 8pm on Saturday and 8pm Sunday 2018 that cannot be rescheduled and documentation cannot be obtained prior to the outage, you will need to notify the department prior to 12pm Thursday 20 September of the shipments. Contact details are included at the end of the document.
- Once notification is received, manual permit applications and certificate templates may be sent to you for completion depending on the time critical nature of the consignment.
- Clients that have made prior contact with the department will be contacted to make an appointment to attend a departmental office to have documentation issued in the event of an outage.
- To enable this manual process to be undertaken, clients will be required to present to one of the department’s offices in a metropolitan location with the following documentation:
- Notice of intention or printed RFP
- A copy of the MICoR case applicable to the goods or a copy of recent certification issued by the department for that product to that market
- Any relevant supporting documentation relating to importing country requirements, including declarations of compliance, transfer certificate and other supporting documentation
- Completed health certificate.
If you have an urgent enquiry please call 1800 900 090.
For enquires or notifications please contact Food Exports.If you are notifying in relation to a planned shipment that cannot be rescheduled please include ‘BCP OUTAGE’ in the subject heading of the email.