Independent review of the cost of export certification (2019-07)
Date of issue: 01 November 2019
Date of effect: 01 November 2019
- Licensed exporters and EDI users
- Export registered establishments
- Egg industry body – Australian Egg Limited
To notify industry of the extension to the independent review consultation period, now 15 November 2019. We have commissioned Ernst & Young as an independent reviewer to undertake a review of the costs of our export certification activities. These costs are set out in the food and plant export Cost Recovery Implementation Statements (CRIS). This review will both complement and inform our public consultation on the CRISs.
Summary of Key Points
- the reviewer will now be accepting stakeholder feedback up to 15 November 2019
- the reviewer is holding meetings with Industry Consultative Committee members
- alternatively interested parties can submit written feedback to the reviewer via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This review will focus on food and plant export cost recovery.
The independent reviewer will:
- engage with industry representatives for their views on how efficiently and effectively we deliver food and plant export certification regulatory functions
- investigate key cost drivers and consider other ways we can deliver our key regulatory functions more cost effectively
- assess possible reported or discovered inefficiencies and recommend how we can improve our regulatory functions, including the use of technology solutions
- develop a benchmarking framework based on comparable public and private sector regulatory activities.
Additional information on the review available at Independent review of the cost of export certification.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any queries.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.